Conditioner vs. Surge protector

Looking for a whole house surge protection. 

Siemens seems to be the best company out there but its most recommended item (Siemens FS140 ) is out of stock everywhere. 

Here ia an alternative: 

Siemens FirstSurge Power 60 kA Surge Protector Bundle 

What about this product? Looks like a circuit breaker with surge protection. 

20 Amp 6.5 in. Whole House Surge Protected-Circuit Breaker

which product makes more sense? Circuit breaker has some MOVs. I understand this can potentially limit current.  

Do any of the above limit current to my amp? 

What about a power conditioner that has built in surge protection? 

ei001h

I second Mapman's recommendation for Siemens BoltShield.  I installed two of them since I had two free spaces on each side of Siemens Panel.  Total of 60kA x 2 = 120kA.  In addition I plan to add Siemens QSA2020SPD. (about $80) replacing two circuit breakers with one leading to audio system.  The reason for it is that protection element is always protected by circuit breaker.  When circuit breaker switches off during high voltage spike protection element won't protect anymore, but since audio system is connected thru the breaker it will be also discontinued.  It is only 10kA, but it adds important protection for audio system alone.

Please take a look at this App. Note on MOV surge protectors:   www.onfilter.com/protection-from-transients   
In short, MOVs do pretty well once their breakdown limit is reached (~400V and up for 120VAC systems, ~600...900V for 250VAC); they don't do much at all when the surge peaks are under that voltage.  A spike of 300V can get through to your equipment unimpeded if all you rely is MOVs  Also, watch for MOV's "expiration date" of a sorts - with every absorbed spike they wear out a bit until becoming essentially non-functional.

Years ago I found that the varistors commonly used in surge protectors tend to squash system dynamics. and do not allow them any where near my rig. YMMV.

@pesky_wabbit  Amp or all equipment?  I totally agree on amps.  Other equipment, I'm ok with a good protector.

My Naim CD player definitely didn’t like them. I can‘t really be more specific as I then removed them from the equation and stopped doing any more low power consumption A-B testing. Definitely worth you pursuing though.