New Synergistic Product: Tuning Discs

I was lucky enough to be asked to try out a prototype of a new Synergistic Research product. For now, I think they are calling it a Tuning disc.

What it looks like is a small wafer (smaller than a dime and is very thin). They are either in gold or purple tops and are attached using some tacking substance. I placed 2 on top of my Shunyata Sigma V2 interconnects.

I wasn’t expecting much but whoa, did these things work! First, I tried the purple on my interconnects and boy did the soundstage widen with lots of air.

Then I tried the gold discs and though the sound stage shrunk perhaps a little but the naturalness of the music was fantastic!

Hard to believe that these things work so well, I am really impressed.

ozzy

128x128ozzy

Ted, I actually think it sounds better with the dots on the speaker cables at the amplifier end. Sounds more open to me.

gita, I think these will be released next week, but Ted will have to answer that.

ozzy

Are we sure there are four dots per package? Two purple and two gold dots for a cost of $199? This sounds like too good to be true 

thyname,

When I asked Andrew at Synergistic Research about the price, he said they should sell for under $200 for 4 discs. But I guess he could be mistaken. They look to be really inexpensive, but I'm not aware of what went into it to create them.

ozzy

I surely hope so. Alfred Kainz from High End Electronics did not have any answer to this question, and did not know when they would be available for sale. Perhaps @ted_denney can clarify? Also Ted, when is the new Atmosphere SX Reference USB going to be released?

What a shame that we still see unscientific rubbish still populating what should be a clean and honest audio enthusiasts forum.

There should be no product advertising here. Instead we get people sponsored to show their products need to be in the advertising columns.

Adrian 🇦🇺