Dunlavy SC IV Speaker- Any Good???

Anyone own these ?

I realize the company is now Defunct

and was Colorado based. 

At 200 lbs each and 6 feet tall they

will not be missed in a room.

But they actually weigh the same as 

my last speakers but with only one third  the footprint.

Okay the little woman may see it as a lateral

move but...

chorus

Great speakers to be sure, although I seem to remember reading a review that said the lVa was a significant improvement, I think maybe in bass?  Could be wrong.  As someone who owns speakers from a defunct company, I don’t recommend it — it’s like constantly walking on eggshells fearing a blown driver, etc. 

John Dunlavy designed the Duntech line. For their time, they were excellent. I removed some ( not all ) of the fabric he had on the front panels. IMO, this opened them up, dramatically, for my ears. 

I spent 3 years trying to find an 'upgrade' for my Dunlavy SC-IIIs. Not an easy task. I still regret selling them even though I finally landed some speakers that advance a little on what the SC-III's do.

Are you joking? They we made back in the early 90s that means they’re close to 30 years old! You have to be out of your mind to buy these! All the drivers will need to reconed. That is assuming they will still operate properly! The crossover network is gonna have to be replaced! 30 years old parts! They’re not worth more than $.10-$.15 on the dollar! Way too big of an investment will be required to bring these up to current standards assuming you can even buy the correct replacement drivers? The crossover network will be have to be completely redesigned! Anybody who buys these cabinets is going to be completely diluting themselves! 
You can’t just change the drivers for the same size drivers and expect them to work with the existing  crossover Network to work properly!