Would this fix a scratched CD?

Would this work to fix a scratched CD?"The Original Lens Doctor" (As seen on TV!)
mdhoover
well..."as seen on TV" would be my first red flag.

Eldartford makes a good point...are the scratches just on the surface...or are they deep enough to damage the layer where the information is encoded.

Personally...I would think that what might apply to a pair of eyeglasses would not apply to a cd.

Also...with the cost of stuff related to our "hobby"...would it not just be cheaper to replace the damaged medium (CD) with a new one. For example...if a cd is $15 and the disc repair machine was $150...then I would assume that one would need plenty of damaged CD's to make it a worthwhile expenditure. Not to mention...will it work?

I hope I made sense here because I just had my first few drinks in a looooong time...lol.
Ellery,

My thoughts exactly.

No worries - you made perfect sense. Go ahead and have a few more drinks - no doubt you'll probably be drafted by Mensa soon thereafter :))

Cheers,
Garry
RE: Ellery's comments. That's why I use "shudder" cheap Disk Doctor. At $30, its worth it to fix an unplayable CD and also works on DVDs and computer CDs. If it doesn't work I buy a new one. So far, I have not noticed any impact on sound but have not done detailed AB tests (if in fact those are worth anything).
Thanks for all of the responses so far. I probably won't buy the thing for the reasons listed above, unless the urge to experiment gets the better of me.

Swampwalker:
Can you post a link to the product you use? The advanced Google search didn't narrow it down enough.