State of HDCD and SACD

I am contemplating a new digital front-end and wondering if I should give preference to HDCD or SACD. It seems that you do not see these two technologies combined too often in a CDP, at least not well!

So, what I want to decide is "What has more of a future as a format?" I think both can sound excellent - that's not the question. I have a MiniMax CDP in my 2nd system that does great things with HDCD, and I previously owned a Shanling T200 that was great with SACD (and Redbook).

If I decide to put my eggs in the HDCD basket I'll probably get a Raysonic CD128. If SACD, a Marantz SA-11.

So, I would appreciate hearing takes on the respective futures of these formats. SACD has many titles available but still a drop, of course, compared to Redbook, and it seems views differed greatly on its future the last time I looked into it, about a year ago.

Would also consider other recommendations for players. Is there something there under $3K (preferably new - I don't trust used digital transports) that does HDCD and SACD and does them both well?
paulfolbrecht
TVAD, how is the SA-11 on redbook? Have you played with the different filter settings?
I haven't seen/heard the 3930 but in general I agree that Denon DVD players are great at their respective price points.
As with most choices in life, compromise abounds, and since redbook is the dominant factor in our digital universe I would consider redbook as the leading factor in my choice of a high quality player... Kira nailed it...
I guess SACD has turned out to be a bust. No support from the recording industry. Typical. Most Americans don't care how their music sounds. The talent the record companies are promoting are less than mediocre. Jusin Timberlake and the like. ARRRGGGHHH!!!
Post removed