CLASS D MONO AMPS buy ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS

CLASS D AMPLIFIER TECHNOLOGY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED TO OUTPERFORM ALL OTHER TOPOLOGIES 

The Amplifier is the New Class D Mono Amps using GaN Fets in a unique Patented
Circlotronic output stage…Design by Ralph Karsten of ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS 

Rated at 100 watts 8 ohms and 200 watts 4 ohms with low distortion across the full audio bandwidth with excellent noise characteristics 

I have been using ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS MA-1 3.0 with all factory upgrades along with NOS 6NS7 Input Tubes for many years 

The New ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D has outperformed my MA-1 3.0 in all areas…the resolution and transparency are simply an Amazing Accomplishment

Also I sold my MP-3 mk 3.0 and purchased the New MP-3 mk3.3

In my Audio opinion I believe the ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D MONO AMPS used with the MP-3 mk3.3 will offer one of the most transparent sounding electronics combinations to date…only using the MP-1 mk3.3 will offer more performance 

I have used other High End Amplifiers in my system and the ATMASPHERE MUSIC SYSTEMS CLASS D MONO AMPS outperformed all of them as well

Music Lover…Audiophile…Retired Audio/Video Engineer over 45 years 

Thanks for Reading 

TubeGuy 45

tubeguy45

The frequency response is load invariant within 1/10db from 20-20KHz, with 0 degrees phase shift at 20Hz and less than 1 degree at 20KHz. The invariance due to the output impedance being a few milliOhms, the low phase shift due to the feedback value, which allows the amp to correct for phase shift at the bandwidth extremes.

THD from 20Hz- 20KHz  is < 0.1% at full power (200 W into 4 Ohms) and about 0.005% at 1 watt. We think it might be lower but finding a decent filter to knock out the residual has been tricky during the pandemic. We  found one about a week ago and are interested to see how things differ once its integrated into our test setup. The distortion is lower into 16 Ohms.

The switching frequency is just shy of 500KHz, depending on load. The input is entirely direct-coupled.

The filter I mentioned is an Audio Precision device and is used to knock out the residual to prevent it messing with the distortion analysis. If I got this right its 8th order(!) and puts the residual down about 60dB... This is why we've not posted any more distortion data since the residual throws the readings off.

I look forward to plots once you get your filter worked out.

At only 500Khz, what is the advantage of using GaN? None of your specs appear to be anything not already achieved or bettered by amps using good old fashioned mosfets.

Thanks for the info.

@kuribo No. Purifi is last year's news, even if he is now working on a higher powered module, and Hypex... well.  GaN is state of the art--and not the generic stuff being put out by Peachtree and LSA.

Until bettered, ncore and purifi are still the peak of class d design and performance.

GaN is a state of the art device but has yet to be implemented in a class d amp in a way that improves upon what has been already done by ncore and purifi using mosfets. Maybe some day, but not yet.

I was a scientist and for a long-time I had myself convinced that I could find better equipment by knowing more facts about the gear I might buy. And sure, I still think some audio facts can be a useful guide. At some point, however, you’ve just got to kick the tires and see how it sings.

Glad to see some people are loving the new amps Ralph.  Congrats.

I guess Kuribo will have no more to say on this thread because this design is not as good as Purifi (according to him).....so

Now we can get back to the actual reality of .....How does it sound? Will be interesting to get the feedback from more listeners when these amps are produced in more quantity and compared to other amps besides older OTLs. So far, we have two raves. Enjoying the ride....I hope you are too!

I guess Kuribo will have no more to say on this thread

no more to say to you anyway.