Bought powerful/expensive Amp+Speakers but plan to use an old preamp , am I crazy?

Please hear me out.

I got back into the hi-fi game after a hiatus and chanced upon some gear I have always wanted, for a great price, so I jumped on it... which resulted in no budget left for a pre-amp!

Purchased gear, yet to arrive:
Amp: McIntosh MC-452
Speakers: Paradigm Persona 3F

Sources that I already own:
Analog: Linn Sondek LP12
Digital : Oppo UDP203 / Bluenode 2i

I have an old NAD-1155 Pre-Amp lying around that i simply love!! It has one of the best phono stages I have come across among all the pre-amps I’ve owned. So I’m hoping I can use the NAD as an interim arrangement, before I can save up for a better pre-amp.

My question is rather simplistic, would the NAD cause any problems when paired with the Big MAC, in terms of compatibility and/or sonic abilities?

Besides it being a dirt cheap component (relatively speaking), nothing tells me it can’t be used, but I need someone to chime in and tell me I’m not being too naive or optimistic!

Edit: Link to the Preamp - https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/nad/1155.shtml

bugsnest

Honestly, the only way to truly know is to listen side-by-side with another option.

For example, I recently bought a Van Alstine Ultravalve Tube amp for a second tier system (wanted some tube ish) and paired it with a Aragon 24K SP preamp that was modified by Kevin Chambers (power supply and some inernal mods). But I wanted another preamp that could do both XLR and RCA, so I picked up a Schitt Freya+. Also thought the tube preamp with the amp would be one of those "magical" pairings.

First initial listening session? I think I liked what I perceived as better clarity with the Aragon. This is with stock tubes on the Freya+ (I have some NOS Sylvania tubes on the way). Honestly, with all the hype the Freya+ has gotten, I thought it would be the clear winner.

Now, the updated caps are still breaking in on the Aragon and I have no idea how many hours are on the stock Tung Sol 6SN7’s with the Schitt, but this is why you gotta listen to things in your system. BTW, neither preamp sounded bad...it was just a matter of which was doing what better.

(FYI, after Kevin’s mods to the 24K it tested better than the OEM specs of the 28K, which everyone considers the "better" Aragon preamp).

I was in a similar situation: good amp with no volume control, good speakers, but little budget for a preamp. I bought the new Emotiva BasX PT1. The edgy treble was too much for me. I did notice that putting a second preamp, a Xiangsheng 728A, after the Emotiva smoothed things (but preceding the Emotiva it did not). Fortunately, Emotiva honored its no-reason-needed return policy. I stretched my budget to a Van Alstine Transcendence RB 10, which is his budget tube preamp. The setup is marvelous now, detailed without going edgy and musical without going muddy.

There may be synergy between the Paradigms and the electronics. Paradigm is a thoroughly modern speaker with no “musical” coloration. The NAD is a perfectly competent low noise preamp but has no pretense of being High End… no premium parts or heroic power supply. The MA462 gets shat on in these pages, but one thing it isn’t is harsh. That may play well with the new speakers. 

Thank you all for chiming in... It sounds like the consensus is I don't risk damaging anything in the chain using the NAD... but I ought to be saving up for a better/improved pre-amp in the future :)

How would the NAD damage anything?
And who said that?

I specific said “go NAD.”

OMG.  Don't do it.  Your system will blow up and you'll be left with a mess of smoking electronics.  (Seriously, it never costs anything to use what you've already got, especially something you like.)