MHDT Orchid v Denafrips Pontus

I've had an Orchid in my system for going on 3 years now. It's a great DAC, does exactly what I bought it for, which is present music in a natural, non-fatiguing way. I've tube rolled with it, used a couple of different digital cables, one of which did provide slightly more detail (Audio Art D-1SE2). I'm Denafrips curious though and would like to see if someone has had both. From reviews, I'm wondering if the Pontus would keep all of that R2R goodness and present more detail than the Orchid. Thanks!

audiewww

@audiewww 
Go for it!
Just to clarify, right now the Pontus is connected to
my Cayin A 88T tube integrated. In a couple of months
I will switch back to the Luxman 505ux2 and see how
the Pontus sounds. Using RCA inputs on both integrateds.   

I've had both dacs in my system for a few weeks and decided to keep the orchid.  to me the orchid simply sounds more cohesive.  what i think i am missing with orchid compared to pontus (air, detail etc)  sounded artificial to me.  my speakers are altec horns based and is already full of air and detail so probably didn't need help in that department.  the pontus could probably use another week or two of burn in but i am just happy with the orchid.

@viggen I see it took you about 10 minutes to sell the Pontus 2. Yours and another one listed and sold yesterday. They do be popular. I'm curious if you left it on for a few days before listening? What I've read indicates they don't work well unless they are under power all the time.

@ericsch the same tube you have WE 396A.  just last night i ordered the 6922 to 5670 adapter that is talked about in the orchid tube rolling thread to try out 6922 tubes.  ordered an amperex to try out.

@audiewww i left it on for 3 straight weeks and left the music playing through most nights.  my theory is it will burn in faster if you give the R2R resistors signal so to keep it physically moving.  ime, it sounded great on day 1 (which led me to sell my other two dacs Ares2 and D90MQA) but took a nose dive during the first week.  then, it gradually got better during week 2 and 3.  also did the chassis tweak which did unstress the mids and highs.