MHDT Orchid v Denafrips Pontus

I've had an Orchid in my system for going on 3 years now. It's a great DAC, does exactly what I bought it for, which is present music in a natural, non-fatiguing way. I've tube rolled with it, used a couple of different digital cables, one of which did provide slightly more detail (Audio Art D-1SE2). I'm Denafrips curious though and would like to see if someone has had both. From reviews, I'm wondering if the Pontus would keep all of that R2R goodness and present more detail than the Orchid. Thanks!

audiewww

@ericsch Thanks for the reply. The common theme here seems to be the Pontus may be somewhat better, but people still like their Orchids. In my system (Almarro 318/205 SE amps, Zu Soul/ODW speakers) vocals are already "in the room" with me. I don't know how much more forward I can take lol. I think I'm going to get the Grannyring upgrade and see how that works. Hopefully he's still doing it, and just as importantly, can get the parts required.

@audiewww  Good point. Actually, I suggested the Holo Audio May vs. Denafrips Terminator. I think that's a more comparable match-up.

@audiewww 
Go for it!
Just to clarify, right now the Pontus is connected to
my Cayin A 88T tube integrated. In a couple of months
I will switch back to the Luxman 505ux2 and see how
the Pontus sounds. Using RCA inputs on both integrateds.   

I've had both dacs in my system for a few weeks and decided to keep the orchid.  to me the orchid simply sounds more cohesive.  what i think i am missing with orchid compared to pontus (air, detail etc)  sounded artificial to me.  my speakers are altec horns based and is already full of air and detail so probably didn't need help in that department.  the pontus could probably use another week or two of burn in but i am just happy with the orchid.