$100K system build - % breakdown of spend

I know there are several such breakdowns all over the web, but each different in one way or another. Thanks in advance for anyone willing to lend thoughts here.

Assuming $100K to build a system (indifferent between new/used) with equal time spent and enjoyment from streaming and vinyl (for now leaving out other digital and other analog), does the following ballpark seem reasonable? If you’d bump something up, what would you bump down?

Speakers - $30K

Subs - $5K

Amp(s) - $20K

Preamp - $10K

TT, cartridge, arm, phono preamp - $10K

DAC - $5K

Streamer - $5K

Cables, Interconnects, Power Cords, Power Cond/Regen - $10K

Isolation Products, room treatments and system rack(s) - $5K

Leaving out for now fuses, contact enhancers and the like. 

Thanks again for any thoughts. 

coys21

some context on where you are coming from….room size, spl, solo listener in sweet spot or ? 

IF you don’t know where you are going, any $100 k toll road will get ya..there..

does the following ballpark seem reasonable? If you’d bump something up, what would you bump down?

I have an older modest system.

On the TT side I could easily spend a lot more than the 10k. But one can also spend less. I know could spend that on a cartridge and phonostage.

I would be starting with speakers, and leaving off all the interconnects and power conditioners... as well as bumping down the DAC and streamer.

The speakers will help inform the amplifier(s) you may want.

What you have now would be good to understand. Maybe you could do some of it in stages?

Or is it just some rhetorical concept of where to spend the money?

Interesting question.  I have been lucky in that I had a business for about 15 years so got to have a bunch of gear in and out without personal expense. 

Of course much will depend on your musical tastes.  Don't have strong disagreement but depends a bit on your room.  If your room is good already, you need to spend less, if its not, you might do well to spend more.  

Regarding speakers and subs, the numbers very reasonable but its not always simple to integrate subs and there are some pretty good speakers with decent bass to avoid this.  Just my opinion of course.

In my experience I noticed more from having a good preamp than better amps, but again just my experience.

Above all, enjoy the journey.

Thanks for the replies. A little color:

The current room is multi-use and has more glass than ideal, but all in all could be a lot worse. Irregular shape, about 15x20’, with 18’ ceilings. Setup takes a little dialing in with an opening on one side and behind the sweet spot, but I’m very happy where I am now. Likely a new house in the plans in 18 mos. or so, but for now am planning on similar listening space. Truth be told, my listening time skews slightly toward streaming - maybe 60/40.

Current items I’d put on the ‘keeper’ list:

Technics 1210GAE, AT Art9XI cart., Modwright 9.0x phono

A pair of Rel s812’s

On the upgrade list:

Sonus Faber Sonetto III’s

Hegel 390

Bluesound Node 2i

Lower/mid range AQ cables and interconnects

I think the Hegel and the Sonetto’s make a great match, especially with the Rel’s. I think longer term, I’d like to move a notch or two (just a touch) toward warmer, maybe with some ARC gear. I’ll be upgrading step by step, toward a longer-term hold system maybe over the course or a couple years. I may have a tough time moving away from Sonus Faber - they would be less than what I listed above, but I’ve heard the Serafino (not with ARC) and could be very happy there I think. There’s obviously nothing magic about the $100K figure, other than determining proportions roughly at that level.