Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

Nice pickup @bnut311  I just bought a pair of 3.6 speakers about a week ago.

Quick update on my experience so far.  I was a bit surprised at the amount of bass they produced.  I have a distributed bass array system consisting of 4 subwoofers.  My intuition was to dial down the volume a bit on the subs and also lower the crossover point to around 30hz. 

After doing so and listening for a couple of days, they seemed "bright" at higher volumes.  I tried moving my listening position back a bit and that helped, but then imaging and soundstage suffered.  I decided to try raising the crossover point of the subs back up to 80hz and voila, that seemed to tame almost all of the brightness and really enhanced the soundstage and sense of propulsion of the music and brought back that visceral sense of "being there".  I'm pretty happy with how they sound now.  

I think I still have some work to do to get the most from them.  I am currently powering them with Herron Audio M1 amps which are 150/270 watts @ 8/4.  These amps do have very large toroidal transformers.  I'm currently using about 20 bucks of 16 gauge Duelund unterminated speaker cable.  I have some nice 11 GA Analysis Plus speaker cables on order and am considering different amps.

A couple of amps I'm considering are Parasound JC1 (not +) and Simaudio M400.  I'd appreciate any experience with either of those combinations. 

A nice pair of 3.7s is up for sale on Audiogon, looks like Amberwood finish.

Who's going to pick them up ?

@thieliste if he will deliver 1,000 miles I will add them to my collection of Thiels, LOL!  I completely understand why he doesn't want to ship them....

I get the seller does not want to ship as I said the same thing last week in this thread about a rare pair of 2.7 in white I did not want to ship. 

I'm in manufacturing and the condition of freight. if the freight arrives without being lost, is be too be desired. We have 43.7% of our shipped material in claims. 

We were at 4.76%. 

With trucking bogged down which effects shipping the game has changed for sure. 

Hello fellow Thiel lover,

can I check with you whether the Rob Gillum email address I have is still valid? This one: [email protected], because it's long time I try to get in touch with him unsuccessfully. 

Thanks everyone for any help.