CD player wanted $500-$1000

I'm looking for a CD player in the range $500-$1000. It will be mated with a Plinius 9200 integraded amplifier and Focal Cobalt 816 loudspeakers. Any thoughts?
rs691919
I agree with Muzikat, I have heard my friends Appollo many times and I think this unit competes with many 2500.00 to 3000.00 players.
Theta Miles (balanced version).... I haven't heard anything that really beats it for less than 6k.

Chris
For about $700.00, you can own a brand new Rotel RCD-1072 single drawer HDCD CD player which has rec'd numerous awards and rave reviews. This is their top of the line CD only player using the Burr-Brown integrated circuitry. I've owned one now for most of 2006 and it is mind blowing. Detail and information it provides is superior for the money. Tighter bass and warmer than say an NAD player. The remote is very easy to use and works even if not pointed directly at the player. The build quality is excellent in the Rotel. The RCD-1072 comes in all black or black enclosure with a silver front plate which looks more attractive. You can't go wrong.