CD player wanted $500-$1000

I'm looking for a CD player in the range $500-$1000. It will be mated with a Plinius 9200 integraded amplifier and Focal Cobalt 816 loudspeakers. Any thoughts?
rs691919
Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo, Rega Apollo
.............................Any more questions?
I agree with Muzikat, I have heard my friends Appollo many times and I think this unit competes with many 2500.00 to 3000.00 players.
I see that the Apollo is a top loading player...do you know how much clearance you would need if it is to be placed in a cabinet?
Theta Miles (balanced version).... I haven't heard anything that really beats it for less than 6k.

Chris
For about $700.00, you can own a brand new Rotel RCD-1072 single drawer HDCD CD player which has rec'd numerous awards and rave reviews. This is their top of the line CD only player using the Burr-Brown integrated circuitry. I've owned one now for most of 2006 and it is mind blowing. Detail and information it provides is superior for the money. Tighter bass and warmer than say an NAD player. The remote is very easy to use and works even if not pointed directly at the player. The build quality is excellent in the Rotel. The RCD-1072 comes in all black or black enclosure with a silver front plate which looks more attractive. You can't go wrong.
The total height of the Apollo when open is just under 7.5 inches (the lid sort of slides back as it opens). I have mine on a 9 inch shelf and have no trouble getting CDs in and out.

Dick
It's not the latest & greatest but if you want to add tubes, check out the Jolida JD-100A.
At the $1000 price level, go with the Rega Apollo. At the $550 price level, go with a Music Hall MMF CD25.2. If you are interested, at below the $500 price level, go with a Cambridge Audio Azur 540. After owning a number of CD players over 20 years, these are 3 players that I have used with the most enjoyment in my systems. I am sure that there are good used values out there and attractively priced giant killers out there, as well ... but over the long haul, these are 3 players that you could be happy with.

Regards, Rich
The Rotel RC1072 is good, real good in fact.

But, has anyone mentioned the Rega Apollo yet? No question in my mind..
I have a Simaudio Equinox and it seems to be a real nice mate for my 9100, auditioned jupitor 2000,& rc1072 before my purchase and have no regrets. equinox can be had here used for $1000. good luck on your choice.
The TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V is one exceptionally fine sounding MUSICAL player – getting us much closer to analog. It is excels in most all of the audiophile categories… resolution, neutrality, soundstaging, dynamics, transparency, instrument weight, ambience, image placement and separation, etc. Listening to your reference system will be a treat… as it emotionally pulls you into the music… allowing you to see past your stereo and enjoy the musicians’ performance. I strongly recommend this special player! it’s a no-brainer!!!
see 6moons...
Denon 1650 ar..about $500 used...great soundstaging...full bodied presentation...prefered it to the Planet when auditioning...good luck..weighs 25 lbs...great build quality...nice remote...
I just bought a MHZS CD-33 from Pacific Valve and Company for $449 and was BLOWN AWAY by this tube CD player. I have owned a Music Hall CD25 with level 1 mods from Sound Odyssey and a Jolida JD100 and found this player to be superior to them both...and it's on sale now for $449!!! It sounds amazing out of the box but when I replaced the stock chinese 6N3 tubes with Western Electric 396A's WOW!!! This player makes anything I have heard in its price range sound like junk IMHO. By the way I am not affiliated with MHZS or the Pacific Valve and Company...I am just so blown away by the value of this unit. If you give it a try you won't be dissapointed.