Who still listens to their First Generation Cd Players?

I still like the sound of those early cd players except early problematic sonys
vinny55
Spinning CDs is still my preferred medium but I have constantly upgraded what I play them on. My original 1987 Sony is long gone along with my Denon 5 disc changer from the early 90s. In my main two channel system I use separate components, a CD transport with no onboard DAC (Audiolab CDT 6000) connected to a standalone DAC (Denafrips Pontus II).  The SQ improvement has been tremendous and has breathed new life into my collection of over 2.5k CDs. I still have a 20 year old Rotel 5 disc changer which I use exclusively for HDCD playback. I also have an Oppo Blu-Ray player in my HT system which I use for SACD playback.  Unfortunately, SACD and HDCD compatible players are now extremely hard to come by and I dread the day when these old units breathe their last.
A CDB 460 modified be Van Alstine to the FET Three model is still plugging along quite fine here. To me, it is ridiculously good sounding. If it had a remote control, the PS Audio 2 box setup would be gone. It is not better than the PS Audio, yet it is >95% as good.

Still playing Philips CD300 and CD303 (CDM0 and CDM1) and two verticals: Dual CD120 (more advanced and known under at least 8 different brand names) and somewhat simplified but better designed JVC XL-V1. All of them still doing well but all need warming up time to make their minds up and "come back" to play (perfectly so far).

Still using a stock Philips CD-80, a heavily modified Magnavox CDB-650 by Euphonic Technology, a stock Magnavox CDB-650 and a later Resolution Audio CD-50, all sound very nice and so far working great.

Way back when, I bought a Sony CD-1. I didn't want to like it at all, but it sounded just fine to me. I was surprised. Been through a few since then, and am stubbornly holding on to an older Cayin CD22 with tubed output. Whatever it does right, I simply cannot beat it. But now days, it's glitchy and I pray it doesn't die.