Best analog sounding cd player under 5K

Hi,

Im looking for a new or used one box player mainly for redbook. My budget could go up to 5K.
I know and have read a lot of threads about cd players but none deals with the analog sounding issue. Also, not everyone like his cd player to sound like his analog set up.
I can define analog, as neutral(good tonal balance), organic, natural, with a lot of low level information retrieval, inmediacy,with very good 3d image, not forward sounding and not analytical. I think the extension at both ends is not a must. Obviously, It cant be dark or too bright sounding.

I have in my short list so far, resolution opus, bluenote sttibert, apl denon 3910, audio aero capitole mkII, ayre Cx5.
For the reviews and comments on several forums it seems that the most organic and natural sounding is the Stibbert. How does it compare with the others? And also what other should be included in this list?
Thanks
Alan Brain
alanbrain
One friend has replaced a clase cdp100 with the udp-1 deluxe and he says that the mccormack is the most analogue sounding cd player he has ever heard. I will go for a listening session and report back.
Alan
i wish someone would define "analogue sounding". at the very least, the sound of analogue depends upon the cartridge one uses. i can't see how there exists an "analogue sound", since the sound of turntable, arm and cartridge varies.

that said, i have auditioned the mccormack player several times, although not in my own system.

i find it an ordinary sounding player--nothing special.
listening to cds on that player did not create the illusion that i was listening to a record.
I have listened to the top of the line CD players from Wadia, ARC, Ayre, and a few others (and still do) but they all come up short when compared to my APL 3910. If you can find one with the latest upgrades, you will not look back.
I know the sound of turntable, arm and cartridge can alter the sound of an analog rig. But overall there is a sonic signature which differs greatly from the digital reproduction. So, "analogue sounding" is a sound that has the basic character of the vinyl reproduction. And that basics are:
- Warm
- Full bodied
- 3d stereo image
- big soundstage
- good low level information retrieval
- inmediacy
- not harsh at all treble
- envolving

If a cd player can produce a sound with that, then it is an analog sounding cd player.
I'm sure its been mentioned before, but why not divide the budget up between CD player (as the transport) and D/A Converter? Considering the CD player is digital in nature, IMO why not purchase a comparable D/A converter to match, instead of searching for a digital component that sounds analog?