Buyer Dispute

I would like to have some opinions of a remedy for this issue:

I purchased a pair of B&W 804D3 loudspeakers through Audiogon in August 2021. They were shipped in original containers by freight. The boxes arrived damaged with some holes in the boxes, but no damage to the speakers accept for one very small spot, which could be repaired with a drop of stain. However, neither tweeter was functioning. A multimeter revealed an open circuit across both voice coils. The seller said that they worked before shipping but offered to send me replacement tweeters under the previous owner' warranty which I agreed to. However, and here is the rub; Because of supply chain issues, Bowers and Wilkins did not, and still does not have the tweeters in stock. I have been waiting 6 months for the seller to provide the replacements from B&W, but they continue to be out of stock. In short, I paid nearly $7,000 in August 2021 for speakers that I still cannot listen to.

Any opinion on a path to resolution?

kirbymydog

How about asking the seller to agree to paying to have these speakers brought in to a local tech to check under the hood while waiting for replacement tweeters? Have him pick the tech. This way you’ll be certain the new tweets don’t blow when you install them.  

I did accept his offer to replace the tweeters under warranty. It never occurred to me that Bowers would not have the drivers in stock, and I’m sure it did not occur to the seller either. But let’s take this predicament to the extreme; what if the drivers continue to be unavailable for 12 months, or 18 months or even more. What then?

what if the drivers continue to be unavailable for 12 months, or 18 months or even more. What then?

That's a good point. If you weren't aware of the long lead time when you accepted the last deal, I think it's a new ballgame and you could/should ask for a refund.

soon all of it will be unavailable history unless some radical stand up action will be taken by the people for the people

other than that there was times when everything was repairable including torn socks or underwear and it seems to come back rapidly fast.