KEF Blade 2

HI everyone - 

I may have a chance to audition a pair of KEF Blade 2 speakers.

Does anyone have any experience or comments about these?

I'm not really familiar with the KEF sound and currently have a pair of B&W 802D (first diamond generation)

Thanks in advance.....

onehorsepony

Yes, the Blade 2 is a better loudspeaker. It is one of the best point source speakers and not a bad value for what it is. It still needs subwoofers but so don't the big Blades. 

onehorsepony,

Blade 2 vs Focal Sopra 3...only your ears can decide. What sounds "best" is different for every individual. The room and associated equipment may impact what you consider to be the best.

What is the META treatment?

Last year the LS50's were upgraded with a new driver tech called META. This tech was going to be moved UP the lineup to the Reference and Blades. The only question is when this will happen since KEF announced they plan to upgrade.

One thing about the Blades is that the soundstage they put out seems to be very large and precise.

Where the hell did the Sopra 3 thing come from, and why didn’t u include that in ur original post??? Joseph Audio speakers kick the crap outta B&Ws. I’ve heard them head to head. No comparison. Do what u will.  I’m out.