Speakers for daughter

I was going to buy powered small speakers for my daughter's first sound system to go with A Project Debut Carbon Evolution but now she seems ok to accept an integrated amplifier from me to power speakers. Thinking about the Elac UNI-FI UB 51 or ELAC Uni-FI Slim B5 U5 after researching similar priced speakers such as the Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2, Paradigm Monitor SE Atom, Wharfedale Diamond 12.1, and Kef 150. I have not listened to any speakers yet at the price point. Any comments?

mjs

For your situation... I recommend the KEF LS-50 wireless... if she needs more bass add the small sub KEF sells. I have owned Ls50, LS50w, Elac Debut, Elac UB5... I do not recommend Elac's ... listening to them is torture. 

@mjs ,what is the budget for your daughters system?  This will be most helpful. 

If she listens to rock a Bose  will more than do.

If Jazz a Omega does well , no crossover .

If Classical a Spendor A9  .

KEF LS50 wireless. One set of speakers with built-in amplification. Another option is used KEF LS50 passive ($600 - $800) with a PeachTree NOVA 150 or 300. The NOVA 300 is on sale now for $1500. I had the NOVA 150 with my passive LS50s. Pretty good sound. I have much better gear on te LS50's and the speakers scale to the quality of gear in front of them.

As mentioned above, if you need more bass add the KEF KC62 sub for the passive of active LS50's. I have this combo in a rather large room. It does a decent job. In a smaller room, this would be a killer combo.