Rouge Audio RP-7

Hello everyone. 

I dont see much talk about Rouge Audio products on here. Anyone have experience with their pre amps? I don't have much experience with hybrid pre amps. Was looking for a match with the Coda no.8 amplifier that I have coming in a month :)

tmac1700

I had an RP-7 and thought it was decent. There was an issue with noise coming from one channel which turned out to be related I think to the front end logic board, which Rogue promptly fixed. Sensing there was more resolution and bass impact to be had, I upgraded successively to a Pass XP-22, a PS Audio BHK Signature, then finally to the awesome ARC Ref 6SE. The Rogue was bested by all of those. It rounded the leading edge of transients. It would be a fine choice in a second system.

Hello,

I really love the sound of Rogue. The RH-5 is an exceptional value plus you have the option to get the built I phono stage. Also, I asked about the remote. They said for an extra $100 you can order a metal remote for most of their stuff. The RP-9 is incredible but it does run hot, but the sound is like butter. I say get the RH-5 with the metal remote and the phono preamp if you need one. I still think the Rogue Sphinx is a hidden gem of an integrated amp. Even with an inexpensive tt it sounded great. I still have my first tt. The AT LP3. With a Nag MP110 cart. For $350 it’s a great, full auto tt. 

The RP-5 was the best sounding between the others I owned- the RH-5 and the RP-7.  

The RH-5 Headphone / Linestage was the best value with balanced connections and had the best dynamics and was exceedingly transparent and neutral.  

The RP-7 was actually less dynamic sounding then the RH-5 (Rogue's latest model) and a little too smooth / burnished for my system.  

The RP-5 was in between, sounding nearly a perfect balance between transparent neutral and overly smooth.  The sound was open, transparent yet had a slight tubey burnish / polish that was easy on the ears and ultra refined.  

That said I prefer the sound of my Cary SLP-05 which is my end game preamp.  

Did you mean Rogue Audio or Rouge Audio?

Here's a link to Rouge Audio.

DeKay