Slow used market right now?

Just curious what the state of the used market is right now.  I have three components up for sale right now and have seen very little interest.  I'll admit, they probably aren't the most desirable but definitely solid pieces of gear.  I see speakers like Maggies, Tekton, DeVore that have been available for weeks.  Seemingly fairly priced.  Is it just an after the holidays down time? 

pkatsuleas

I have been visiting this site for a long time.

It is likely due to the Christmas season, which is very brief. It usually starts to pickup in January. Unlike the summer months which are very slow.

Going forward, I expect:

With inflation, due to supply issues, some people may turn to the used market, to make their purchases. But, as far as audio is concerned, it will become a buyers market, due to more items coming on to market from retiring baby boomers, disinterest, aging equipment, and increasingly more disasters. Over the years, there has been a gradual decline, in interest, with higher end audio equipment. This is evident by the closing of audio dealerships across America. So it may remain challenging.

@pkatsuleas I dont see that you have any gear up for sale on Audiogon presently but I will offer my thoughts, irrelevant as they may be LOL.

there are certainly times of the year where certain gear moves more rapidly than other times but I have found that desirable gear priced fairly sells within a couple of days, sometimes within a couple of hours. The Devores you mention aren’t priced attractively. The 88’s have been discontinued for some time and Tektons of almost any model are nightmarish to try to ship.

There has likely never been a better time in many years to sell preowned gear. The concerns of a baby boomer induced dump of high end gear is likely a non event. I remember conversations 5-10 years ago that the suburbs were full of unsellable 4 bedroom houses.