Suggestions: Interesting small speakers with flexible placement

Hey guys. Long time member. Proud owner of some Ohm Walsh 2s with Parasound electronics. 

i just moved into a new apartment and am looking for speakers for my bedroom. It’s relatively small at 500 square feet. I have some weird considerations that have led me to eliminate a lot of typical choices. Looking for any ideas on speakers that could work!

requirements:

* listening position is the bed, but I’d like wide sweet spot so that I can enjoy them as I dress, which would place me well outside of the typical listening triangle. 
* they are going to have to be fairly close to the wall. Probably no more than 6” from the wall to the back of the speaker

* unless they are omnis or something, they will likely have to be in an actual bookcase or on a dresser

* they should look interesting and sculptural

* price range under $3k retail for a pair

will accept any suggestions. I love floor standers but doubt this room can accommodate any. Omni directional or other unusual designs encouraged. 

128x128ledhed2222

Neat motive 3 . That would work nicely. Even though they are small they will fill a big room. Or the motive two or motive one both small floor standing speakers but getting well above your price limit. Personally I look for beautiful tone and harmonics  in the bedroom not for soundstage. On that note I have a great Australian tube amp and sonic frontier tube cd player hooked up to a set of some phase speakers all wired up with transparent ultras. 

Regards

OMG foot in mouth time, big big time. I was looking at floor plans with very incorrect areas. They were reporting cumulative area. I knew that 500 sq feet didn't seem right....but I'm not the world's most visual person.

It is actually.... 160 sq feet 😅.

Will edit the original posts.You may all laugh at me now lol.

@rar1 floor standers could work, and generally I prefer them. I was initially toying with buying some Vandersteen 2Cs but they, and many others, seem to need to be placed ~2 feet from any wall. It could work, just might not be a great use of the space in there and likely to be far too large sonically. I'm definitely open to floor standers conceptually.

Usher 718 BE

These are very cool and sort of different looking speakers that perform exceptionally well, esp for what they are.

I read a ton of reviews before I bought a used pair and I believe every single review spoke about the bass performance, but at least one of the reviews said that they actually perform "more like a floor stander". 

According to the requirements you laid out I believe it may be a good fit.

I can tell you that the beryllium tweeter is very special.  I have kind of a large bedroom in my place and have a pair of Martin Logan Summits that I love and if you can believe this, the Ushers actually do strings better than my ML's.

They're definitely cool looking.