Devore or Audio Note or other sensitive speakers: wanting to listen in Denver

I'm on the hunt for a sensitive speakers to play really nicely with my Quicksilver Mono 60 amps. I've heard some nice Spatial X3's here in Denver thanks to a local audiophile. I was especially taken by their AMT tweeters.

If you're in the Denver area and have Devore, Audio Note, Zu, Tekton, or any other speaker which has really worked well for your tube amps, please DM me. I would be deeply grateful for even  an hour of listening time. Thank you!

128x128hilde45
Post removed 

I've had the good fortune to hear audio systems set up by Jeff Catalano (High Water Sound) probably 5 or 6 times at various audio shows. In each instance the sound quality was consistent in its excellence and very natural presentation (Natural being the key signature). Usually the speakers were Cessaro horns or Horning speakers. Electronics either Tron audio or New Audio Frontiers.  Which ever combination of the brands chosen to demostrate,  same result of beautiful natural music reproduction. Jeff has an excellent ear.

Charles 

If I find my way into investment banking or black market antique smuggling, I'll have the cash for those Cessaros. I assume that horns can sound great even without the NYC-Uberrich pricetags. Thanks @jjss49 for the links. I'll take a listen. Hopefully, I can get to hear some horn speakers in my area if our audio club ever gets out of lock-down!

@hilde45

sometimes friends come over say, man how much $ do you have invested in your hifi equipment? my answer is always, yes, some, i am definitely into this... but it pales in comparison to the house and room built around it, to have the gear sound really good 

i say this in relation to the sub-topic of getting such amazing performance out of horn speakers... as vilip says in the video... well altec voice of the theaters are actually modestly priced, only 2 grand for a decent set... ahhh but the room you need to enjoy them in... hmmmmm, 50-100x that???

@jjss49 Well said. And of course, my buddy with a modest boat paid $40k for the boat and just had to replace a trawling motor for $4k. He gets to use it maybe 1/2 the year, or maybe a bit more. Audio is there all year long. 

And the points about the room are so key, too. Thing about good gear -- as you've said many times -- is if you buy good stuff used, well, then on resell it turns out to be a pretty inexpensive hobby compared to other hobbies. Can't sell used skis like you can sell a used Pass amp.