Suggestions: Interesting small speakers with flexible placement

Hey guys. Long time member. Proud owner of some Ohm Walsh 2s with Parasound electronics. 

i just moved into a new apartment and am looking for speakers for my bedroom. It’s relatively small at 500 square feet. I have some weird considerations that have led me to eliminate a lot of typical choices. Looking for any ideas on speakers that could work!

requirements:

* listening position is the bed, but I’d like wide sweet spot so that I can enjoy them as I dress, which would place me well outside of the typical listening triangle. 
* they are going to have to be fairly close to the wall. Probably no more than 6” from the wall to the back of the speaker

* unless they are omnis or something, they will likely have to be in an actual bookcase or on a dresser

* they should look interesting and sculptural

* price range under $3k retail for a pair

will accept any suggestions. I love floor standers but doubt this room can accommodate any. Omni directional or other unusual designs encouraged. 

128x128ledhed2222

@akg_ca  +1

The Triangle Cometes or Titus are efficient and easily driven - with imaging in spades. They are also very amenable to placement for wall adjacent, near field listening. 

...500 cubic ft. is roughly an 8 ft. cube. 🤨

500 sq. ft. for the apartment entirely makes sense for a compact '1 bdrm. apt.', or a 'tiny home' affair....

6" from a wall is a bit tight for an omni or dipole, but the mini Maggies could be a hit....

Golden ear brah!!  Save $1500 and buy these for $1500 or less.  These are fantastic check em out before you buy anything if you can.  Seriously tho at $3k, how could you go wrong.  Good for you tho.  I know some $300 pairs that could hang with most too but that's another post 🤙

https://www.goldenear.com/products/bookshelf-series