New DAC, or new amp?

I've got that upgrade itch. I am trying to smoothe out the sound, and get rid of some grain. I am trying to keep the spending to around $1000. I have an NAD integrated, being fed by Cambridge audio Azur 640C cdp going through a musical fidelity tube buffer. SOnus Faber COncerto speakers, and a rel sub. Cardas Cross cabling throughout. My question is what to upgrade to accomplish this goal and stay withing budget. I was thinking of ading a new DAC (MF Trivista 21). Or, should I really upgrade the integrated. Imaging could stand to be better too. Alright guys and gals.....lets hear those ideas!
phoenix469
Have you considered selling the tubed buffer and the NAD making room for separates? That would give you a larger budget. It should be enough in there to get a preamp,amplifier along with a Dac(if necesssary)...if you shop smartly.
This's easy, get a good tube integrated there are many available here ( A'gon ).
If you like the MF sound, try auditioning the A5 integrated in your setup! I think it would play great with your Sonus Fabers, and it should be a big upgrade overall. The tube buffer could be a source of grain too, does it really improve your sound?