Honesty is the best policy...I think.

Heres a question for the Forum. I have my PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport for sale here. I purchased as a refurbished unit directly from PS Audio. In use, it will occasionally freeze up and by that I mean the remote or touchscreen will not function. And by occasionally I mean not more than once a month. The first time it happened to me I called PS Audio who told me to turn it off at the back, wait 10 seconds and turn back on to cause it to reboot which solved the problem. They told me it was normal like with any computer. I think it happens more often when I am playing discs I have burned at home of hi-res files. I have also done some research online and see that this is very common with this transport. So, now that I am selling the unit, I have mentioned that this is something that can happen. I don't want someone to purchase the unit, have it do this and then accuse me of not mentioning it. It has, of course, freaked out potential buyers. At the same time there are several other units just like it for sale with no mention of this and I know this to be a quirk of all of these units - not just mine. It works fine and I have enjoyed it for several years. I am selling only because I purchased a DMP that, what a surprise, occasionally does the same thing.  What would you do?

Ag insider logo xs@2xbigsecret

i will share a little personal story about good hifi karma, true story...

i sometimes answer ’want’ ads on usam seeking stuff i happen to have on hand, messing with gear as i do ... last year couple folks were looking for an mhdt orchid and a denafrips pontus ... both were backordered or not available used at that point... i had each of them, answered, sold my units to them at a fair used price - made a couple fellow music lovers/audiophiles pretty darned happy

about a week later, a pair of lovely rev 2 spendor sp100’s appeared on a-gon... another member here answered first, got dibs, but i msg’ed him, he was super nice, stepped aside, as there was some shipping complexity involved in getting them that he was hesitant to deal with... i had been looking for these speakers to have again for several years .. after selling them off stupidly in 2006...

the seller of the speakers was also incredibly nice, we have become friends of sorts, he worked with me and a local pack n ship outfit in pennsylvania, got em ltl’ed out to me... he even reduced his price a good bit from his ask as the shipping/packing cost added up... as a result, i ended up getting my lovely spendors plus stands for well less than half price of a new pair...

karma ... can be pretty good...

hope this little story entertained for a minute 🙏

I had a similar situation with an Oppo BDP93.

A common problem was that the CD tray would not open the first time and sometimes not open at all. The "solution" was to leave a disk in the tray at all times. Trying to sell it as is didn't sit well with me, so I sent it to Oppo and had it fixed. They were fabulous to deal with. I paid $99 USD and shipped to Oppo. They replaced the tray, cleaned everything, updated the firmware and shipped it back to me in a new box.

However, because of the units age and the cost of repair, I netted about $50 on the sale.

Sometimes you just have to take the hit.

Thanks again for the supportive comments. And, if I've learned anything from this, it is to keep an eye out for elderly folks in need of a tire change.🤔