Where did you go after Harbeth?

Hi everyone,

The question above says it all. Where did you go after Harbeth? I'd like to know what you were looking to improve in the sound you had with Harbeth and which speaker allow you to do so.

Sébastien
128x128sebastienl
Hi Hornsystem,

I have some friends on a French forum specialized in tubes and high efficiency speakers (elektor.fr/forum) where many users also described this set-up to be the best.

On my side, I want to try SET and of this, I'm sure I'll need a high efficiency speaker.

Unfortunately, I live Montreal, Canada. So, I'm a little bit far away from D.C.

Regards,

Sébastien
For your information, Another Horn move up. I am moving from HL5S to Cessaro Chopin... Well, still waiting for it's arrivial and still keeping the HL5s.
I replaced my Harbeth SHL5s with Lahave Mela monitors, which are much more resolving but, like the Harbeths, have a natural non-fatiguing sound, but with a much more live, you-are-there quality, and just a lot more joy.
Much better than Joseph Pulsars (that I almost bought).
Hornsystem, I live in Md and would be interested in hearing your setup. What you described is somewhat similar to my speakers which use a Jensen 15" crossed over at 1200Hz to an Altec/Western Electric horn with Altec 802-8G driver. More details on my system page. It seems I am always swapping between these and my Spendors. Each has its strengths and my preference mostly depends on the music I am listening to at the time. I can be reached by email through Audio Asylum since I gather Audiogon no longer allows member to member contacts.
Rgs92, I may just try those Lahave Mela's as soon as I can sell my Vapor Audio Cirrus speakers. These will be a hard sell though.