Which amp to use with Linear Tube Audio pre?

I really love my LTA Microzotl 2. Its bit clunky in a NAD 3020 sort of way but the sound always pleases.

I'd like to pair it with an amplifier that doesn't step on what it does, have used it with a Prima Luna Premium amp section and Musical concepts modded Hafler, both subtracted from what I can hear using it as a 1w amplifier direct. Am tempted to go for a Pass XA25 in my 12x12 listening room as that has good reviews driving Magnepan whereas the LTA amp sections do not.

Wondering if LTA pre owners have other recommendations?

128x128davide256

I own an LTA MZ3, and use it as a preamp.

My previous system had Magnepan 1.7i.  The amp was Sanders Magtech.  I don't think it will subtract from your LTA.

The LTA preamps are a perfect match with their amps. The owner of LTA (Mark Schneider) uses Maggie’s at home with ZOTL40 and pre. Plenty of power.

I’ve read more than a few places that the XA25 makes an excellent pairing. I might step up to that eventually, too. At least for an SS option. I’ve been using a Schiit Aegir sometimes, but prefer the Primaluna DPHP. What speakers are you using? I seem to get better bass response with either power amp than straight from the MZ3 with Zu Soul Supremes. Into 16ohms the MZ3 is only rated for 1/4W, but it gets loud enough even if it is turned way up. I don’t think it’s a volume difference I’m hearing when I use a power amp. I’m curious what you’re missing, since I’m having the opposite experience. It’s great on it’s own, but a little help makes it even better. (Of course my pessimistic side thinks that once you point it out I won’t be able to ignore it anymore.) I’ve also been considering SET amps, since it seems crazy to run the DPHP if I’m not even using 1W the vast majority of the time. So it might just be preference.

Long time magnepan owner. Using the MZ2 as an amp sounds great about 95% of the time, exceptions are loud massed orchestra/percussion, deepest bass where more current is needed. Pretty certain that while the Hafler  has over 100 watts per channel, the transition from class A to class B adds distortion I  hear as grainy harmonics with massed orchestra.

Bryston has a good rep driving Maggies and are transparent enough that they likely won’t mess with the LTA goodness.