Got a screw loose?

So based on a comment from another forum, I decided to ensure the screws on all my speaker and subwoofer drivers were secure.  Turns out everyone of them needed some level of tightening.

Suggestion:  Check your screws, definitely helped tighten up the sound as well.

Question:  Is there other “maintenance” I should be doing on a regular basis?

thx_golfer

What is the benefit of brass screws? In my experience they are soft and easily come loose. I always use locktight on brass.

Brass is non-ferrous and may/should not effect the magnetic field of drivers that use magnets.

Same goes for using non-ferrous mounting gear for many phono cartridges.

Suspect that doing so may make an audible difference on some tweeters/midrange drivers, but never tried it (so don't know).

If a tweeter/midrange is placed close to a woofer, then it would make sense to replace the woofer mounting hardware as well (if experimenting).

DeKay

Nonoise:

Assume you were kidding, but if (not) you add a scant drop of Creme De Coco (or two) to a traditional Screwdriver it tastes just like a Tootsie Roll.

DeKay

I must of read the same post. I checked the 48 screws on my 3 year old Bryston A2's and most of them were loose. After tightening all of them up I do believe the sound was better.

@oldhvymec I use cap screws also and brass inserts though. Dab of blue thread locker also.