Primaluna?

I’m thinking about giving a full tube setup a go and Primaluna in particular.  Looking to hear people’s experiences with Primaluna in general. My main draw to them outside of tubes is there auto bias and protective features.  Wondering if people generally replace a single bad tube or if people are replacing all tubes of that type when there’s a failure.  Also would be interested if there were any other companies with at least a similar protective feature. The auto bias sounds great but the protective features are a bigger deal to me.  

brylandgoodman

@jerryg123 

But I own an Aprilia so therefore it's the best!

I agree with you. There are fantastic bikes available from many manufacturers. Just like there are fantastic audio components available from many manufacturers. There's no universal "best." 

Dealers participating 'passionately' in these forums is a double-edged sword. They may win some fans/customers, but also run the risk of alienating an equal number of people. Just sayin' ...

Mozartfan always coming to these overarching conclusions. We’re not even talking about DHT here, pretty soon this thread will be argument about who knows what? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK got it,

apologies in attempting to hijack this topic.

Agree lets get back to PM. LOok every major manufacturer from china, Cayin, Doge, LM, Willenston, Yaqin, many others offer a PP KT amp for less than PL’s offerings. You can get a KT88 amplifier just under $1400 from any of these brands which easily challenges PL’s design, which ,,let me go ck PL’s prices,,,be right back.....$2800. VERSUS Cayin (My fav of all china’s manufacturers) MT45 $1300 (Includes ship!!!!). PL is going to have a hard sell very soon. There I brought this topic back to focus,

Please forget my opinions that a DHT bests a KT.

Just ignore my opinions above.

Post removed 

Dealers participating 'passionately' in these forums is a double-edged sword. They may win some fans/customers, but also run the risk of alienating an equal number of people. Just sayin' ...

You are 100% right, and I rarely participate and should have limited my comments or not even commented at all. Sorry for that.  

I recognize there are a lot of great and very passionate people here with tons of experience. People that I've known for decades. To call out a group of people when there are only one or two of them saying things that I take umbrage with isn't a good idea. 

Plus I can see that for the rest of you guys that I respect so much, you already feel the same way I do and express it.  You don't need my help.  

I will shut up and only comment TACTFULLY on technical questions.  If that.  I have a lot of tasks to perform. and I'm under the gun here.  

Thanks guys and gals.