I Don't Want to be an Audiophile, What am I...

I don't know why I don't like the term Audiophile. There is just something about it I don't like. Too Euro Trash maybe? Perhaps Hobbyist is a better description for me?  

128x128russ69

@CD813

Audiophilia nowadays is basically a form of OCD, the stuff of nonsense since perfectly acceptable sound is available for a relatively small investment of time and money nowadays.

There's a lot of room for different interpretations of the definitions of "Audiophilia" and "perfectly acceptable sound".  My wife's view of acceptable sound is very different than mine...she'd prefer small and attractive...period.  I'm very much concerned with whether or not the sound can convince my brain that there's music being played.  We all have a very unique requirement to satisfy that illusion, and for some it is indeed a very steep climb.....but once that summit has been reached, the "OCD"-ness subsides, and the enjoyment of music can be taken to a level that satisfies that unique requirement.  

"I don’t want to be an audiophile, what am I?"

If you buy high performance audio gear to improve the sound of your music, then you’re an audiophile.

Don’t be a wuss, own it.

United we stand! (or sit, as the case may be)

"AUDIOPHILES" flock together - so, perhaps because they resemble pigeons, crows, chickens, geese and ducks congregating in barnyards, perched in long rows atop power transmission lines or waddling along the banks of ponds, streams and rivers, they should be thought of as "AUDIOFOWL."

We can be a fool being an audiophile with a wallett and no listening  brain yes...

But i dont like people who mock others , audiophiles or not....