Suggestions for an integrated upgrade please

Hello everyone,

I am looking to upgrade my integrated here is my system

FLAC on mac book pro — Singxer Su6—Lampizator level4+ Gen5—jolida jd1000a

with gold lions preamp tubes and Mullard tubes— NHT 3.3 speakers

Before the Jolida I had an Hegel H100.

I like the midrange of the Jolida, it has a nice presence, nice timbres but the problem is when raise the volume, I don’t go deeper inside the music, it just gets louder but the sound doesn’t get bigger, soundstage is small. Also there’s no air with this amp. Bass is very weak.

The Hegel was technically nicer but I could never emotionally with the music on this amp. It just sounded fake.

I listen to 65-85dbs level, my room is small, 12’x18’

I want to stay with an integrated as my wife wont allow multiple components ans cables in the room

The NHT 3.3 are rates 87db @ 6ohm

I listened to a Kora 400, which sounded amazing but at 12k usd it is out my budget

It is hard to organize listening session because of covid

so I am looking for suggestions to narrow down the numbers of sessions needed.

I don’t mind if it is tube or transistor as long as it has beautiful midrange, timbres, deep soundstage and air.

budget is 3 to 5K usd, I don’t mind buying used or new.

any suggestions are welcome!

thanks

maurice89

Integrateds are the way to go, I've run them for years. The Raven Nighthawk or Blackhawk will give you everything you are looking for. I have The Blackhawk, it is an excellent amp with excellent imaging and bass. Its best feature though is after running about 90 minutes it takes on a captivating air that is just plain magical. I mean it sounds good right away, but then after an hour or so, wow.

Mine is used with the 98dB Tekton Moab and will go loud, very loud, in my 17x24x9 room. Your NHT are only 87dB, we ran it with some speakers that were also 87dB and it wouldn't play as loud of course but it filled my room with a lot more volume than the 65-85 you're talking. Volume will not be a problem, certainly not in your room. Beautiful midrange, timbre, soundstage and air, it has in spades. 

Check out their web page, search around and read reviews. Very highly regarded amps for the money. You will notice they have a number of tube options. There are also a number of tube options not listed on the site. Dave Thompson is a bona fide tube guru with a massive hoard of NOS that he shares only within the Raven family. You don't just "tube roll", it is more like consulting with the sommelier as to the wine to have with dinner in a fine French restaurant. Call and talk with James or Dave. Especially Dave. He set me up with a combination he knows works well with my Moabs. They sure do! They can also help with which amp might be better with your system. I know The Blackhawk is exceptional, but never heard in comparison with the Nighthawk. 

Audio Research VSI75 if you can find a used one. Or they just released the i50. That should be enough power if you don’t go for really loud rock. Incredibly natural musical equipment. 

I am looking to upgrade...

I'm not sure why you would consider comments pointing out an obvious weakness in your system as "off-topic".  People are trying to help you.

Definitely give some thought to getting a good streaming device so you have a high quality source.

I've been very happy with my Moon 600i which is in your budget.  If I were looking, some others I would consider would be Line Magnetic or Audio Research if you like tubes, Modwright if you like solid state.

With the lower efficiency of those speakers I feel that while tubes may sound good they will not give you that bass articulation that a good high current ss would provide. Of the ones I have heard an Octave may do it. I heard a V110se on some Dynaudio Contour 60s and it was impressive! 

Maybe a hybrid with tube preamp ss power might be a good option if you want to keep some of the tube tone in the circuit and still have the power those speakers crave. Never heard it but the Odyssey Kismet integrated always looked very interesting to me. Odyssey’s can handle that kind of load no problem. 

A No brainer made in USA  Coda CSIB integrated biggest podded 3 kva transformer over 120 amps short term on tap ,3 power choices ,10 year warranty 

lowest power 18 wpc pure class A 1st watts then 150,300, 600 Nelson pass engineering team from Waay back. 2020:stereotimes best of 

great BurrBrown electronic volume pure class A preamp section 

I bought mine from Mike AudioArchon for around $5500 will compete with anything at 2x the price .