Beautiful listening rooms

128x128snilf

I wonder what horn/??? lies behind the speaker grill. I bet they sound good too.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can’t believe the thread doesn’t include a high-end room sporting brothel-style wall-to-wall red carpet paired with Kandy Kitchen wainscotting.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Well add it if you like it so much, you haven't been shy to this point, no need to stop now. :-)

I saw that thread years ago and marveled at ... the acoustic nightmare most of those rooms must be. More reflective surfaces than a solar thermal farm.

tablejockey: I completely agree that the visual aesthetics of one's listening room are important (unless you listen in total darkness). Still, jssmith has a point: many of the pictured rooms look acoustically dubious. Acoustic concerns have to come first.

My listening room has a huge picture window with a view of mountains, valley, and a stream below—but that view is BEHIND me when I'm listening. Jim Smith suggests that's as it should be; that light streaming in creates a psychoacoustic effect of "glare" (tip #46) if you're looking directly at it. Still, if I could look at my view when listening, I would. It's just that it would be too difficult to set the system up that way. 

dekay: great photo! But where's the sweet spot?! Can you tell me (maybe in a DM) how to insert a photo here, without it's being in a URL? I know this question has been asked before, but I don't remember the answer.

" the acoustic nightmare most of those rooms must be. More reflective surfaces than a solar thermal farm."

"Beyond hideous, a lot of these."

Last quote lifted from 1st page of the posts.

My thoughts are the same, looking beyond the actual rigs.

Most any design speaker IF allowed can be positioned to sound pretty good in those rooms. Mine is a cross between the first 2(rustic, actual living space, 100+ year craftsmanship-lots of wood/plaster and lots of windows-SQ nightmare)

Those setups however, likely would sound even more convincing in room #3 which appears to be a thought out dedicated space.

If it were my place- Studer playing a recording of early Beatles/Stones LIVE in #2 with proper beverage in hand

Imagining swingin in Franks era, you do the built in not too far from the bar.