East Coast Service center referral needed for an ARC D-300.2 amp

Happy 2022 everyone!  I recently purchased a ARC D300.2 amp and would like to have it serviced; however, ARC has informed me that they will not service the piece any longer nor do they have any replacement parts for this amp.  the ARC rep did say that a skilled and qualified service tech will be able to rebuild or restore any parts that may need repair.  Please help me with some locations that will handle any repair or service issue and will have the ability to restore discontinued internal parts. 

thanks!

Mark

mhinrichs34

i am surprised arc told you they would not service that amp...  hmmm

anyways, i hope you get the tech service you need

Hopefully that pans out for you.... good luck.  They are good guys over there in Jersey....    I really replied to this thread because I hear this too many times about Audio Research.    Not to mention all of the collateral damage when  tubes fail.   

They abandoned support on all of those xxx.2 amps , thats horrible and the main reason when I bought a pre and an amp recently they weren't Audio Research.

They are good sounding amps , no doubt and I hope Johnny and team have you enjoying it soon

@oddiofyl

fwiw, my 100.2 amp just went back to arc, and they serviced it, did a bench test, warren gehl even listened to it for a couple hours, called me for a nice chat... i have had it back for 3 weeks, all is great

perhaps it has to do with the obsolete and unobtainable early class d modules in the 300.2... dunno...

i love the amp, its been working great.  i purchased it maybe 2 months ago from a gentleman on this site.  Im not sure that it even needs anything, but ive decided when buying used gear that i am going to preemptively address future issues if i can help it by getting a pro to go over it as a preventative measure.  This was my first ARC product, my first used gear purchase, and my first time really using the Audiogon site and community.  I always loved music for many reasons, including its ability to help me focus and relax, etc., but now with my ARC  based setup, im fucking blown away.  its like a different song is playing sometimes than how it sounded on my basic stereo.  this will be a hobby or obsession until i can no longer hear.  I ran out and got a used ARC Ref 2mkii preamp like 3 weeks later, picked up used cables, and now im in the hunt for a really nice pair of floor speakers.  Thank you everyone for commenting and adding bits of knowledge and suggestions that people gain over the years.  Im starting out so everything helps.  Thanks again..