Primaluna?

I’m thinking about giving a full tube setup a go and Primaluna in particular.  Looking to hear people’s experiences with Primaluna in general. My main draw to them outside of tubes is there auto bias and protective features.  Wondering if people generally replace a single bad tube or if people are replacing all tubes of that type when there’s a failure.  Also would be interested if there were any other companies with at least a similar protective feature. The auto bias sounds great but the protective features are a bigger deal to me.  

brylandgoodman

Did you realize you can purchase a tried and true 60  Watt tube amp actually built in America 

VTA ST-120 WIRED and TESTED amp with a complete tube set with Sovtek 6550 output tubes > $1780 + shipping

Tubes for HIFI ST-120 assembled 

Kits are even cheaper

I have a PL EVO400 amp.  Best amp I’ve heard, and I’ve owned a lot.  True balanced, single ended, auto bias, 4, 8, 16 ohm taps.  Can be used as a stereo or mono amp. Uses any tube you put into it. El34, kt88, kt120, kt150, etc.  Incredibly great sound, non existent noise floor, triode, ultra linear.    Sounds like silk.   What’s no to like, come on man!

I have two friends that own Fisher 500c receivers. They have auto bias, so no, that's nothing new, but that's not a bad thing. Both units are still working flawlessly and sound pretty good with Klipsch speakers.

Primaluna has 'adaptive autobias'. So not at all the same thing. So many people here like to say autobias has been around forever. But it's not the same animal.

Try putting a kt150 next to an el34 and every other kind of tube in between. Can't do that with other designs. Look at the autobias boards in a Primaluna...not the same animal.