SME 30/2 Controller

Looking to get some questions answered regarding a 2004 30/2 turntable. The controller has the knob instead of push buttons and I believe it to be the 2nd generation as the box is longer format. Does the latest controller work with the existing motor?

The O-Rings are original and the table has been in the box unused since 2009. Is a belt and new rings needed because of age?

The platter is the mustard/green color but it seems that it was not a change other than color.

If anyone knows pricing please enlighten me!

Thanks for any help.

hifipf

SME not getting back to me. Distributor has no number and so far no response. Cant find a SME dealer. Hoped some one would have an answer. Music Direct sell but has no knowledge either.

The latest controller works with your table.   I would recommend a new belt.  The o-rings can be moved around to other posts to help the suspension posts all get close to the same height.  I assume the o-rings are fine if the posts are not fully extended.

As long as it was put away properly, all the posts closed and locked, belt removed etc, they should be fine. The O-rings are very simple to remove and replace if necessary. Pretty sure you can find them out there if needed. I would definitely replace the drive belt though. Why do you want to change the control module? If it functions properly, there isn’t much reason to swap it, unless there are aesthetic issues. I’ve talked to SME directly a couple of times. I would call, they are usually very responsive. You should be able to order anything you need with a request.