Need new headphone setup.

I have a speaker oriented system that is very satisfying to me. But because of a need to maintain domestic tranquility I’m looking to go to a less noisy alternative: i..e. headphones.
I want to spend a total of about $1000. So, nothing too fancy. Not the equivalent of my much more expensive speaker system.
What do I need to assemble a headphone system independent of my regular system which is accessible from my listening chair and side table?
I plan on solely streaming. My present system contains a WiFi streamer.
Can that be incorporated, or do I need a new streamer?
I understand that I need a headphone preamp along with the cans.
I know my budget is not too high, but can I get something relatively decent at it?

Currently, I listen though cheap ear buds and stream through an iPad.

128x128rvpiano

I’m ready to order something soon, but I’m not sure what headphones are best for me in my budget.

‘Besides Grado and Sennheiser, any other quality brands should I consider?

Given the sound qualities you’re looking for, I think Audeze ‘phones should be on your radar although you might need to up your budget a bit.  And unless you can’t have any sound leaking out into the room I’d recommend open-backed designs as they tend to have more open and expansive imaging.  Hope this helps, and best of luck. 

Soix,

Thank you

fuzztone,.

As a neophyte here, I’m not sure about closed or open

What should I know about each?

Closed back are more private in that under given circumstances other people cannot hear what you are listening to unless you listen at ear busting volumes. I prefer the open back myself as i find it gives a much airier sound and I can pinpoint the instruments easier on the stage.