Musician pegasus DAC or Denafrips Aries 2

I have tailored down to the Denafrips or the MP to be my external DAC. My streamer is a Node 2i.  Has anyone has any suggestions/ experience/comparison with this 2 DACs. I only play through Vandy speakers.  optical or Coax to bypass. which one is better?

128x128lobinero

thank you @missioncoonery Now I face a greater decision as I have been heavily recommended the Aurlalic Altair G1.Has good reviews. It is a streamer/DAC at $2888! I ll have to sell my Node2i. 

I don't stream music..only cd playback therefore I can't help outside what I've already added to the discussion..good luck in the decision

@lobinero My recommendation is to keep your DAC and streamer separate. You'll have more flexibility in the future, i.e. you can upgrade DAC and/or streamer separately if you wish to. Having said that, Auralic makes some fantastic products and never a bad choice.

+1 @arafiq I’d keep DAC and streamer separate. Find the DAC that works best for you then upgrade the streamer when you can — the Node’s not an awful streamer so with a good DAC you should still enjoy some pretty good overall performance. That’s what I’d do anyway.

I went with the Auralic Altair g1 streamer/dac. Will post a report soon and put the node for sale.