FEDEX keeps destroying my New CARY 805RS Monoblocks - What can I do to prevent Nightmare?

Hello members,

I really need your help to resolve this issue that has been going on since 12/14/2021. It is now 1/1/2022 and I still have only 1 amplifier that is working and hopefully NOT damaged.

I noticed that many of you are very fond of the Cary 805 monoblocks.
I have purchased a pair and have had 3 amplifiers destroyed by FEDEX Ground.
Any idea how I can get one without having the AMP DESTROYERS ruin them?
CARY ships them in WOODEN CRATES and they still are damaged.
FEDEX also totally ruined one of them by sending it via truck to MINNESOTA - 1280 MILES IN THE WRONG DIRECTION !!! I live in NEW JERSEY.
What would you suggest?
Can I force FEDEX to ship them by AIR to Newark airport? FEDEX CLAIMS/REVENUE SERVICES TOLD ME yesterday that the shipper can request this if FEDEX truck delivery keeps damaging my sensitive electronics.

Should I drive to North CAROLINA - 600 MILES IN ONE DIRECTION?

The FEDEX drivers are NOT able to left the 130 pound wooden crate off of the truck or into my house. Many of the trucks don't even have a hand truck and if they do, the drivers refuse to use them.

One delivery person actually tried to hoist the wooden crate from the driveway onto his shoulder. I stopped him before he fell over backwards!

CARY has been fantastic, but FEDEX is making this into a never ending nightmare!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Mike

rodagon

When I bought my McIntosh MC500, I had the shipper send it to the Ups store.I inspected it for damage. You can tell if it’s been dropped. Just a way to keep handling to a minimum.I also like to meet halfway if travel time is not to bad. I have made many friends this way. It’s whatever turns your crank.

Before going into x-ray I was 14 years with Airborne Express. Today I have a friend who is a shipping manager at FedEx. I've also had my share of shipping problems, including crated speakers repeatedly damaged (Talon Khorus). My real-world perspective is, I hate to say it, blame the shipper. 

Cary has all this damage over and over again, yet rodagon thinks Cary has been fantastic. No. Wrong. Cary has been negligent. Fantastic would be to ship in a Pelican case like Decware. 

Say what you want, go round and round all day, nothing gonna change the fact there's two and only two ways to get something delivered with no damage. One is your packaging is capable of withstanding the worst any carrier can dish out. Because they will. Cary fails on this one. The other is to use a white glove treatment type carrier. Cary fails on this one too.

Cary it would seem is a total fail. How does that make them "fantastic"?

A:

I buy stuff from a dealer. He gives me a demo unit to try. If I choose to buy it, he orders it, delivers it personally, and sets it up. If there is an issue, he always makes sure I always have an operating system, and he fixes the problem behind the scenes.

‘’if your spending thousands of dollars why it should be stressless.

Life is too short for unnecessary stress and BS.

In all honesty... though I can’t speak on DHL...Fed Ex, UPS, USPS are all pretty much similar. With millions of packages going through their system every week...these things happen. Your best bet is to see if you can get them shipped Next Day Air. Next Day packages are giving a lot more attention.

(UPS no longer has freight)