Musician pegasus DAC or Denafrips Aries 2

I have tailored down to the Denafrips or the MP to be my external DAC. My streamer is a Node 2i.  Has anyone has any suggestions/ experience/comparison with this 2 DACs. I only play through Vandy speakers.  optical or Coax to bypass. which one is better?

128x128lobinero

I don’t know, but from what I’ve read the Pegasus looks to be more on the level of the Pontus than the Aries in terms of build and sound quality.  I think the Aries would be more comparable to the Musician Draco, but these are all just semi-informed guesses.  Frankly, I think you’ll be happy with any of the above.  Hope this helps, and best of luck. 

Musician is a spin off of the Denafrips line of DACs. I read an article on it a while back when a reviewer did some research and refused to review the Musician.

It appears that the owner of Denafrips was given an offer he couldn't refuse and while building DACs for the Denafrips line sold by Vinshine, he made the same devices for Musician. They even had Denafrips name inside them for awhile. They capitalized on all the work Vinshine did and ran with it.

It was contentious and the people behind Musician created a "history" of their audio journey and denigrated Denafrips in the local press. Seems that Vinshine took the high road and wouldn't comment further on the matter. 

All the best,
Nonoise

I had read that Musician was an OEM supplier for Denafrips and decided to launch their own line of DACs.