Who uses ADS Speakers

I worked at ADS in The late 70s and Find they are one of the best home speakers ever.

I always loved their accuracy.

128x128bstbomber

I used Braun L200 and L300 in the late 70's which I think were similar/same to the ADS versions.

I also had a pair of Rogers Ls3/5a's, and a little later (1980?) the ABS1 add ons.

All were powered by an Eico integrated, MC30's or Dynaco ST70's in either stereo or mono mode.

The Mono 70's had an added TF (choke?) to the power supply, plus a few other parts added/removed. 

Preamps were the Dynaco PAS or the pre and/or phono section of the Advent 300.

Loved them and also sometimes used the 200's in my car via a 12V Advent 300 receiver and a small (playback only) Nakamichi cassettes deck.

In the early 2000's I puchased a pair of mint ADS L880's locally, but ended up selling them as I had switched to flea watt DH/SET amps paired with Reynaud and later on vintage wide range single drivers.

Listened the the 710's in other people's systems many times when they first came out and liked them (much better than the 700, IMO).

There was also a large 900 model that I heard a few times in nice systems (liked it a lot), but forget the exact model number.

DeKay

Still cranking with my ‘80s still so awesome L1090 towers…in fact, playing a St. Germain playlist as I write…Class D Hypex amp, if anyone’s interested…mellow, mellow sounds.

I have a pair of ADS L1590/2 that I absolutely love. They are in excellent condition and sound very good.

Picked up a pair of L400’s in mint condition last year. Best purchase I’ve made in a long time. Look great, sound even better.

Had a pair of L980's back in the day.  Very musical.  Loved the sound of the "sticky" tweeter dome. Very smooth.