Preowned Wilson Audio Chicago Dealer

So, what's with the Chicago used gear dealer who constantly advertises tons of used Wilson, (the same models for over a year or more) yet anyone who calls him to buy a pair get's totally discouraged by him on Wilson?

Is this just the old bait and switch with him having none of them in stock? Right now he must have 12 ads of the 20 on Audiogon- yet when called about actually buying a pair he doesn't even attempt to subtly switch you to something else. He makes you feel like an idiot for considering buying Wilson and will "only sell you a pair of you insis"t and then tells you "but I know I"ll only be buying them back from you". 

128x128cowan217

Thank you Albert for great help and with my purchase of a pair of REL Carbon Specials!  Super service etc!  Also thank you for help with my REL Bassline Blue cables!  Ken

For those of you (which I’m sure are his friends) are defending this guy, ask yourself a common sense question. He uses COVID as an excuse when business are open all the time. So has he been to your home? He doesn’t know if you have COVID or not. How does he truly know if the Wilson or any other speaker will perform in your room. It takes more than the 4 walls in you listening space to make that aggressive decision. To me it sounds like an old 1990’s sales technique they used at a car dealership. You come in wanting to buy a Camaro and he sells you a ZR1 Corvette. At the end of the day, it is your hard earned money. Spend it how you want. Don’t get scammed by a person or a company who doesn’t know you or your situation. Remember, utilize your common sense and don’t get suckered.

Hi decathlon 1991, How can you state: "which I'm sure are his friends" ?

You are sure?  Really?  I think you are being unfair and inflammatory.

I bought my Sasha 1's from Albert almost 4 years ago. I really liked him a bunch - very professional and knowledgeable. I was able to audition several speakers and he was very gracious in moving gear around. I left with the Sashas he helped pack into their crates for a nice price.

He does have a boatload of gear in his shop which is many rooms deep. He also stated he just keeps his ads running non-stop and they may not always be fully updated. He expects you to interact with him and go from there.

@decathlon1991,

His friends?  I don’t know Albert, just as I do not know you. I have purchased from him multiple times and NEVER experienced any problems at all.  Your blanket statement means nothing, and just who are you to insinuate that everyone defending him are all his friends?  Regarding your statement, I would rather talk to Albert than you, any day of the week.