Raven Audio and Beyond...

Hello,
I'm hearing from a couple of you all about the RavenAudio product line.
I'm fairly new into listening/building a system for audio.
My current plan/aim is to build components for "rest of life" usage.  I'm not well to do and am looking into the Nighthawk and Blackhawk integrated tube amps.  
Currently, I have a Bifrost 2 Dac, Rega P2 turntable and Dynaudio X14s running out a cheap integrated Pioneer tuner/amplifier.
As I've been considering my next couple moves, Integrated Amp and upgrade in speakers, I bounce between the "first" move being either amp or speakers.
Lots of folks mention speakers first, rest after.  Since I appreciate the X14s for the limited sound, I wonder what kind of sense it makes to bump up the amp, integrate a couple subs and seek the "finish" speakers next.  After that, play with the rest of the components.

Currently, the room we listen to music in is 12' by 25', open frame ceilings that are 8.5' high.  

My questions are this:
What's your take on taking on the amplifier first, and setting up the rest after?
Am I going to notice the X14s responding well enough to help me learn more about the direction of my speaker choice later?

If I have some time before I can fully upgrade the speakers, would integrating a sub amp with the subs be a positive move?

FWIW, I plan to keep the x14s and other requisite equipment for the most part to set up/gift to others as I can.  I am interested in long-term enjoyment for music I love and a love for exploring music yet to be heard.

Thank you

mijale

@ghasley you nailed it with your last paragraph.

Regarding all the different camps of buy this or buy that, buy the company…buy the dealer….buy their track record of excellent service. New or used.

@mijale Just move beyond PrimaLuna and Raven, get an Audio Hungary unit and be done with it.  https://audiohungary.com/  You'll find there are several very good dealers.

Save your money! You’ll get more bang for your buck elsewhere!

they’re playing on your patriotism by saying made in America, while charging top dollar and using inexpensive parts!

For example the AC line connector is a cheap press in part that wobbles in and out when the cord is moved….Most high end brands use a quality screw in Furutech IEC connector.

Then lightweight transformers have a difficult time driving a 86db 4 ohm speakers to their full potential!

I much prefer the Line Magnetic amp, it uses much higher quality parts for much less money!