How much of High End Audio is Horn Speakers?

An audio friend of mine had been discussing my future speaker purchase. We discussed, Harbeth, Devore, Spendor, Audio Note and other more traditional speaker brands. A week or two later he called an asked me what speakers I had purchased. When I told him Klipsch, there was a little silence on the other end of the line. Our call probably ended a little sooner then usual. I could tell he was disappointed in my purchase. Is it the Klipsch name that illicits this type of response or is it Horn speakers in general? After thinking about some of the other Audiophiles in town, a good deal of them are on the low power high efficiency speaker route and more than a few I know are using Horns. Does anyone know how the high end market share is divided? Is there a stigma associated with certain lower cost Horn speakers? Or is this just Klipsch? I now own a pair of Klipsch Cornwalls and am enjoying the journey associated with tweaking the sound to my taste. Is there an unwritten rule that friends don’t let friends buy Klipsch?

128x128coachpoconnor

Is there an unwritten rule that friends don’t let friends buy Klipsch? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Yes, this is true.

That is rude. 

I have heard the AG Duos in four different rooms, including two small rooms and liked them in all instances.  The bass sounded more even and better integrated in the larger rooms, but there was plenty to like in even the smaller rooms—vivid, lively sound, and reasonably natural tonal qualities.  

Plenty of other horn systems, even quite large systems sound good in small rooms (look at Japanese audio magazines to see how many such systems are crammed into small spaces).  The waveguide of a horn reduces the impact of room interactions and so they can work well in smaller spaces.  I don’t know where someone would get the notion that 15’ ceilings are needed—explain what you personally heard (not youtube nonsense) that is the basis for this claim.

Are we refering to the AG Duos in the YT video?

Or another smaller version w/o sub bass??

If we are refering to the speaker in the YT video, I'd say a  rather large size area might accomadate such a  rather huge,,,if not massive soundstage.

Horns like stats need huge areas to breathe,,othwise the listener feels he is being attacked by the speakers.

Small room for a  horn??
Ner heard such a   set up.

Wrong as usual mozartfan. I am using large horn speakers in a smaller 11x13 room with no problems.