What's a reasonable listening position response curve?

Taking room accoustics into account, what is an acceptable frequency response curve? What plus and minus dB is considered acceptable? Can you share yours.

pedroeb

I thought this would be right up everyone's alley on this site since they are Subjective preferences. At any rate house curves are all subjective but there's no way any in room response will measure flat to .01db.  Feel free to post one. Why insult Asimov ? 

My feeling is that digital EQ is not even worth considering if you are serious about music and a graphic equlaizer is superior,

Easy way to measure use REW and an approved microphone.  Graphic equalizer is not far superior for home use, you'll get much better results using digital room correction.

I only have Audyssey and it might give a smoother frequency response, but I find the SQ isn't as good.

Yes, that to me wouldn’t be very listenable, to hot in the high frequencies. I prefer a curve like Katz described, fairly flat to 1khz then a slope to 20khz very similar to the Harman curve without the bass boost. Of course it's also speaker dependent above 500hz it's mainly the speaker in control , you need a good speaker that measures flat in an anechoic chamber.