432 EVO

Thought I would start this thread to gauge interest in this network streamer. I have been following it for a little while now. Just wondered if anyone else had this on their radar. Any comments from current owners would be great.

https://432evo.be/
128x128falconquest

Divertiti is correct, but then there is a whole lot of equipment where price of components doesn't come close to adding up retail price. And so diy route is the value route, especially if we don't pay ourselves for time spent researching, procuring, assembling projects. Then take marketing, distribution costs into account, I assume most know what they're paying for.

@divertiti you got the facts wrong:

"This 432 EVO for example is a PC with a $160 MSRP CPU, a $135 MSRP motherboard, $80 worth of 8gb DDR4 ram, ..."

ASRock J5040-ITX SoC motherboard comes with Intel Gemini Lake Refresh SoC already soldered and passive heatsink included for about $150.  Availability is a problem though.

I am a DIY builder too.  While I agree that DIY is a cheaper option, do not forget to include the cost of Streacom or HDPLEX casings (HDPLEX more expensive), external LPSU, cabling, and special tools to crimp Molex connectors used by motherboard, SSDs, LP4 connector in USB card, plus ATX power supply tester to ensure we don't blow motherboard when first time powering up.