Best speakers to "abuse" for around $2k ?

Thinking about getting additional speakers just for hard rock/heavy metal and sometimes bass heavy music (not rap tho). Amp would be Classe 300w with classe preamp.

Something I can really crank up Kansas ' carry on wayward son and get loud without blowing tweeters. I cranked up that song with audio physic sparks and blew the tweeters. Did same thing with Magnepan 1.6s and 3.6s (fuse blew on those thankfully).
I probably shouldnt have gotten rid of the NHT 3.3s I had but a move to a smaller place necessitated it.

Cerwin Vega maybe work for this spec? thanks
427cube
I have an idea...stop listening to Kansas and drivel like "Carry on Wayward Son" and you won't have to expend on speakers.
Look for a pair of used OHM Walsh. They are fairly bullet proof and generally take whatever you throw at them well. Abuse away!
I hear ya Lindisfarne but I'm into that stuff as well as a lot of other types of music (except rap / hip hop).
Very eclectic and appreciate real music but its just somethign about that song that gets me going - when its cranked
!
Another vote for Cerwin Vega. I am sure that there are plenty of speakers that can easily match the CW's SPLs, I own Klipsch La Scalas that can get really loud but few will keep the party really thumping in the era before sub woofers the way Cerwin Vegas did, those were the days.....
Another vote for Cerwin Vega. I am sure that there are plenty of speakers that can easily match the CW's SPLs, I own Klipsch La Scalas but few wil keep the party really thumping in the era before sub woofers the way Cerwin Vegas did, those were the days.....