Struggling to spend 13k with three dealers

Is anyone else running into this? I've been trying to buy a used pair of Wilson from a couple of dealers in the NY area and from one in the Chicago area- each has a pair I've been interested in yet all are super slow to respond to emails, quote a final number, give a clear number on a trade I have etc. Each have their own wrinkle, high shipping charges, high pick up charges, avoiding doing a set up etc. Super frustrating - I've literally bought a car faster than trying to buy a pair of used speakers. I've thrown in the towel after a month of endless emails and conversations. Weird. I used to run a retail audio chain. We chased every deal, quickly determined if we could do it and made it work- or nicely declined the deal. Is business so good that there's no interest in selling 13k speakers that they're holding in inventory? 

128x128cowan217
Post removed 

Hello Cowan,

As someone who works for Wilson and wrote the Wilson Audio Certified Authentic Handbook, our dealer guide to treating the customer fairly while actively seeking, taking, and reselling trade-ins, I hope I can help clarify some details for you. I'm a bit concerned over the responses you are getting from dealers, some of whom do not appear to be actual Wilson Authorized Dealers.

First, an authorized US Wilson Dealer MUST set up every new and current Wilson loudspeaker he sells in the customer's home using WASP as a part of the purchase price. If a dealer offers not to do so, he is in violation of his Dealer Agreement and could be terminated.

Second, an authorized US Wilson Dealer will typically offer an actual current market, used retail value for a trade-in. If it is a Wilson speaker being traded, it may even be higher than the range for which legitimate used Wilson speakers of the same model are selling. Wilson Audio will actually buy back used Wilson speakers taken in trade by the dealer.

Third, an authorized US Wilson Dealer almost always sells used Wilson speakers as Certified Authentic because Wilson offers a Wilson Factory Warranty on Certified Authentic Wilson speakers. The goal of Certified Authentic is to offer a new Wilson buying experience with a previously owned Wilson speaker, including the opportunity for in home WASP setup. Only an authorized Wilson Audio Dealer can offer a Certified Authentic speaker. Every Wilson speaker ever made is eligible to be made Certified Authentic. The original WAMM, Serial No 001 is in the process of being Certified Authentic right now.

Now let me address some of the concerns you mentioned:

The dealer to which you refer in Chicago is not, nor has he ever been a Wilson Audio dealer. Whatever he does has nothing to do with Wilson Audio and everything to do with how he does business. But he appears to be a fit for many people and has been in business for a number of years. You pay your money and you take your choice.

I cannot speak to the other two dealers as I cannot tell who they are from your posts. 

Currently Wilson Audio is delivering SabrinaX at a greater rate than ever. However, a SabrinaX ordered this week will be delivered to the dealer (or to the customer if drop shipped) around mid April.

If you have any questions regarding Wilson Audio and our policies, please call our office at 801-377-2233 and ask for Jerron or for me.

Best of luck whatever you decide to do going forward.

Bill

@metaphacts 

Thanks for your note- I talked with Trent at Wilson last week in fact for advice on Sabrina X vs pre owned Sasha 1 or Sasha 2 and you're right the Chicago dealer is of course only selling pre-owned. Happy to call you this week regarding the new dealer experience. All I really want to do is secure a pair of Wilson, and if new, get the full Wilson set up experience which the dealers I was talking with were not committing to do.

thanks  

This holy Christmas miracle this guy Wilson stumble this thread on Sunday night after this guy complain like grinch since begin time. Order real speaker stop be cheap look for best bargain from non spec back alley thug. Bring tear to my eye to see this connection it miracles