Turntable upgrade recommendations: SME vs AMG vs Technics vs other

I've recently upgraded most of my system, but I still have a Rega P8, with Linn Krystal cartridge, which I like, but I've heard that there may be better options.

I have Sound Lab electrostatic speakers, Ypsilon Hyperior amplifiers, an Ypsilon PST-100 Mk2 pre-amplifier, and am thinking about an Ypsilon phono stage to match with my system, and a turntable/cartridge.  I listen to almost entirely classical, acoustic music. 

Based on my very limited knowledge, and simple research, I've been looking at three brands, each of which is a different type of turntable: SME (suspension), AMG (mass), and Technics (direct drive).  
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of turntables, and of those in particular?

Thanks.   

drbond

Why not mix both?, SME TT and the Kuzma tonearm.

Contrary to earlier statements by @mijostyn I have seen the Kuzma 4Point11 fitted to SME/20 & 30 TT's. There are a couple of examples on the Kuzma website.

It is a straight bolt on with the SME adapter provided by Kuzma.

@jperry - my bad- I was mot aware AMG made arms.

Also, havent heard much about them. Sounds like @dover has though.

@dover 

Thanks for your comments. I have heard the AMG many times and owned a SME 10 for a while. Nice to hear comments from someone who has heard both.

@dover , It will fit but that does not mean it will work well. You would have to stiffen the suspension. I suppose you could fit more rubber bands. The 4 Point 9 will go right on without having to mess around. Some people think it is the best 4Point

Thanks for everyone's input.  It sounds like SME is a leading candidate, and I may consider an extra Kuzma tonearm sometime in the future after that just for comparison.  
In the meantime, I've been playing around with tweaks for the Rega P8:  while I mentioned that the clamp is much better than a weight on that TT, I also tried out isolation springs vs hockey pucks.  The Nobsound springs isolate the turntable better, insofar as tapping on the platform is not heard when the TT is on the springs, and tapping is heard when the TT is on the hockey puck/practice puck stack.  However, sonically, the hockey puck stack sounds much quieter, clearer, and much smoother than when the TT is on the Nobsound springs, which sound more grainy and less coherent.  
This leads me to question how valid the tap test is for evaluating TT and their build.