Magico A5, Wilson SabrinaX, or PS Audio FR30?

Powered by a McIntosh MA12000 in a 14’ (width) x 30’ (depth) x 10.5’ (height) room with concrete floors. Listening is 50% jazz, 10% classical, 25% rock/alt, 15% electronic. Sources are a Dr. Feickert Blackbird/Soundsmith Hyperion analog and Innuos Statement digital.  Ideally, I'd like to eliminate the need for dual subwoofers.

Ag insider logo xs@2xjjgasp

I would do the Wilson, better sounding. Another great speaker would be the YG Acoustic Carmel II. It will blow the Magico away unless you like your highs screaming at you. If you do, then go with the Magico 

“The better value at least in terms of materials is likely the PSA FR30 since they will only sell direct, no dealer markups - so through a dealer like the other two the price would increase to 55k and then you are no longer comparing same price points “

Absolutely ZERO logic to this post, particularly because PS Audio did not reduce retail prices one bit when they switched from dealers to direct. That is, they did not pass the savings to the consumer. Instead, retail prices on many PSA products have risen since then (eg, all BHK products)

Excellent choice!

I upgraded to the Magico A5 from the Carmel 2. Was saving to buy the Hailey 2, changed course after hearing the A5 (and saved a bundle). 

I am not even in the market for a higher end speaker and I’m completely tempted by the PS Audio. Chris the designer is extremely well versed in folded ribbons from his previous company. The drivers are all their own new design and as far as I know there is no other folded ribbon midrange on the market.

plus the free 30 day in home demo makes it easy to evaluate. Now I’m partial because I own their BHK300 amps so I know there will be good synergy. I’m a value buyer more than a marquis brand buyer. They are tempting me considering that my current speakers are Tad CR1’s. That being said I’m looking for elac adante’s to match my adante center channel, which I’m about to post about.