A decent integrated amp under 2K ...

I'm looking for an INTEGRATED AMP. My speakers are Altec 620A (100 db efficiency) and my listening room is 14 x 21. I mainly listen to digital files from my DAC (Metrum) but sometimes I feel less lazy and put on a vinyl on my Garrard. I don't need a phono stage, I use the one from another integrated amplifier (Spendor D40). Here's my shortlist:

1) Belles Aria Integrated (slightly powerful for my needs)

2) Croft phono integrated (since I don't need a phono stage, I think it's a shame to burn tubes for nothing)

3) Rogue Sphinx V3 (too powerful for my needs)

FURTHER CONSIDERATIONS: I can live with tubes but only in the PREAMP section and I try to avoid Class A due to the heat. I'm open to Class D (proof: the Rogue) but the choice is limited and these devices come with a bunch of stuff I don't need. I rather spend my $ where it will make a difference.

regards

128x128alaindexe

@mesch : my Sugden isn't an A21, it's a class A/B amp so it doesn't get hot at all... my two top contenders are the Croft and the Belles... which ever comes first on the used market, but I rather get the Croft because it's only 40 watts/chanel and I don't need more then that...

Here's my advice for you. I wrote it before realising you didn't have a pair of speakers yet, so it may be useless :

I've had 2 pairs of Tannoys (Belvedere + Arden) and they are a lot easier to match then my Altec... never heard the Sterlings but they must be pretty good... with 91 db efficiency, you could use a bit more power then I do... based on your Tannoy (I never heard the Esoteric MG-10), I'd go for a Belles integrated (75 watts/chanel)... from what I read, to better this, you have to get a class A (Pass labs, Sugden A21, First watt), or go with tubes... the AVA set 120 is also a good choice, but less powerfull... As for the Sphinx, I read a very informative thread on AG comparing it with the Belles and the Belles clearly won...

I have always been interested in Croft interested, never owned one however. Seems like a good choice for your application.

Not wanting to further side tract this thread, I will PM you regarding my systems if you don't mind. I enjoy sharing audio experiences as none of my friends are all that interested.